5 Tips on How To Hit a Faster Tennis ServeMay 18, 2012
Tennis Court SurfacesJune 27, 2012
Everyone knows that the folks at Scarborough East in Columbus, Ohio love tennis. We can probably think of a thousand reasons why it’s such a great sport. But, here’s a list of our top five reasons for you to share our love of this great game and get out on the court ASAP!
- Tennis is a year-round sport – Whether the sun is shining or there’s snow on the ground, you can play tennis no matter where you are and no matter what the weather forecast says. You don’t have to find another activity to participate in when the weather isn’t perfect AND you get to practice and keep up with your skills all year round.
- Tennis can be an individual sport and a team sport – Whether you’re looking to play on your own, with a partner, or with someone of the same or opposite sex, tennis allows you to be flexible when it comes to your partner (or lack thereof). Want to have a fun game with some friends? Done! Want to have a serious one-on-one match? Ok! There are lots of options when it comes to how you play the sport, which keeps it fun and exciting and allows you to have a different type of match depending on your mood.
- Tennis is great exercise – Spend a few hours running all over a tennis court, and you will know that this is true. With tennis you are sprinting, running, jumping, lunging, shuffling, and more. The intense bursts of activity that tennis provides will help you burn calories, burn fat, and make you feel like you got a great workout.
- Tennis is a great way to socialize – We know all too well how intense a game of tennis can be. But, it’s also a great way to socialize. Grab some friends and start a weekly game. You’re sure to have a great time, while keeping your competitive juices flowing.
- You can play tennis at any age – One of our favorite aspects about tennis is that anyone at any age can play. We have pee-wee students and also senior members. It’s a timeless sport that can be played throughout your whole life… And thank goodness for that, because we’d never want to give it up!
The bottom line is that tennis is great for anyone anywhere, so our best advice to you? Pick up a racket, get on the court, and start enjoying our all-time favorite sport!