Essential Stretches Before Taking the Tennis CourtAugust 30, 2014
How To Improve Your Volleys in TennisSeptember 30, 2014
Tennis is a game of mental toughness. The greatest players are often times the most mentally strong. When you are able to see quotes from some of the greatest players of all time, like Jimmy Connors, it can provide inspiration to not only your tennis game but also your everyday life.
We have found our top ten best tennis quotes of all time and included them within this blog post. We want our members and visitors to our site to print this page out and put it inside of your tennis racket bag. When you see these quotes each time before you step on the court, it will provide you with motivation and inspiration to improve your game!
- “I enjoyed the position I was in as a tennis player. I was to blame when I lost. I was to blame when I won. And I really like that, because I played soccer a lot too, and I couldn’t stand it when I had to blame it on the goalkeeper.” – Rodger Federer
- “Tennis is a mental game. Everyone is fit, everyone hits great forehands and backhands.” – Novak Djokovic
- “I let my racket do the talking. That’s what I am all about, really. I just go out and win tennis matches.” – Pete Sampras
- “Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill, but you can’t play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there.” – Venus Williams
- Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquillity.
– Billie Jean King
- “To be a tennis champion, you have to be inflexible. You have to be stubborn. You have to be arrogant. You have to be selfish and self-absorbed. Kind of tunnel vision almost.” – Chris Evert
Many of the quotes from this article were found online at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/tennis.html